A leading expert combines Eastern principles of wellness with cutting-edge Western nutritional science to help readers control their natural cravings and weight and follow a more balanced approach to life. Includes 26 recipes.
Jennifer Workman is one of the first Western nutritionists to combine cutting edge sports nutrition, complementary medicine, and the basic nutritional principles of Ayurveda -- the 5,000-year-old Eastern medical system -- into a satisfying food and fitness program that helps Americans manage their stress. As founder of The Balanced Approach, a national nutrition and weight-management program that helps people develop a positive relationship with food, Workman has taught countless individuals how to work with their natural cravings (instead of against them) to attain and maintain their ideal weight.
Now you can learn the basics of Workman's regimen with:
• Delicious, easy-to-prepare snack ideas and recipes emphasizing organic/sustainable products by top chefs including Alice Waters and Rick Bayless to help satisfy your taste, keep blood sugar balanced, maximize digestion and fat loss
• A metabolic profile to determine your individual needs for organic proteins, non-gluten carbs, and good fats
• Advice on food allergies and sensitivities to wheat gluten, soy, and dairy
• Essential information about the vitamins, minerals, supplements, and herbs that work best for your specific body type
• Fitness recommendations to burn fat, increase lean muscle, and relieve stress, with a special emphasis on the balancing and strengthening powers of yoga
Filled with great-tasting low-calorie/low-carb food suggestions, helpful self-tests, and a complete holistic resource guide, Stop Your Cravings is "an excellent guide for your perfect health" (Dr. Vasant Lad, director of The Ayurvedic Institute).