From esteemed teacher Adyashanti, a collection of writings on the search for the ultimate reality beneath the narrative of our lives
"Our inner lives are every bit as astonishing, baffling, and mysterious as the infinite vastness of the cosmos." --Adyashanti
We all define our lives through the lens of stories. Whether we see ourselves as heroes or victims, good people or bad, everyone lives according to interwoven strands of narrative.
"And yet," teaches Adyashanti, "the truth is bigger than any concept or story."
Drawn from intimate, deep-dive talks, The Most Important Thing presents writings devoted to the search for the ultimate reality of a self that exists beyond the bounds of storytelling.
Here you will find vivid anecdotes and teaching stories that illuminate the felt experience of Adyashanti's teachings--those moments of grace in which every stone, tree, ray of light, and fraught silence reveal that none of us is alone and no one is ever truly isolated from the whole of existence.
These selections consider:
Exploration of the true meaning of birth, life, and death
- Why grace can arrive both through struggle and as an unexpected gift
- Meditation as the art of "listening with one's entire being"
- Why a good question can be far more powerful than a concrete answer
- How the things you choose to serve shape your life
- Discovering the wisdom found in surprise, sadness, and uncertainty
- Embodying your innate and inextricable connection with the total environment
- The nature of ego and the ways it manifests
- The moments of grace upon which all great religions pivot
What is the story of your life? Is it happy or adventurous? Sad or lonely?
In The Most Important Thing, Adyashanti shows you how to look past your personal narratives, delve inward, and connect with the truths that fundamentally animate all of us.
About the author:
Adyashanti is an American-born spiritual teacher devoted to serving the awakening of all beings. His teachings are an open invitation to stop, inquire, and recognize what is true and liberating at the core of all existence. His books include Emptiness Dancing, The End of Your World, True Meditation, The Way of Liberation, and Falling into Grace.
Asked to teach in 1996 by his Zen teacher of 14 years, Adyashanti offers teachings that are free of any tradition or ideology. "The Truth I point to is not confined within any religious point of view, belief system, or doctrine, but is open to all and found within all." For more information, please visit adyashanti.org.
• Author: Adyashanti
• Publisher: Sounds True, January 1, 2019
• Binding: Hardcover, 168 pages
• ISBN: 9781683641919
• Dimensions: 0.7" H x 9" L x 6.5" W
Collections: Books to Optimize Mind, Body and Soul , New Release Books
Category: Advaita Vedanta , Adyashanti , Hardcover , New release , Spiritual Wisdom , Zen
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more…
© 2023 FrequencyRiser.
Powered by Shopify