This intriguing journal's stylings reproduce the binding of The Universe: Or, the Infinitely Great and the Infinitely Little, an encyclopedia of the sciences by French naturalist Félix-Archimède Pouchet (1800-1872), published in London in 1870 and designed by John Leighton.
• Its cover medallions' words and images herald ''Air Water Fire,'' ''Vegetable Animal Mineral,'' and in the center -- ''The Universe,'' spheres indicating latitude and longitude, with zodiac symbols within.
• Smooth matte hardcover journal is embossed with gold foil highlights.
• Elegant gold ribbon bookmark complements the design.
• 160 lightly-lined writing pages.
• Acid-free archival paper takes pen and pencil beautifully.
• Handsome bronze endpapers complement the design.
• Journal measures 6-1/4 inches wide by 8-1/4 inches high.
Diary: 160 pages
Publisher: Peter Pauper Press; Jou edition (February 1, 2014)
Product Dimensions: 0.8 x 6.5 x 8.8 inches